A misaligned jaw can pose many unexpected health issues. Some of the common issues faced by people with a misaligned jaw are jaw pain, neck pain, shoulder pain, ringing sound in the ears and frequent headaches. In addition to these, the aesthetics wouldn't look great, as a misaligned jaw would entirely change the shape of a person's face. At Agah dental in Palo Alto, the state of the art facilities and the expertise of the dentists would help you completely overcome your issues with a misaligned jaw.
Periodontal disease is a major threat to the gums that causes silent damage. The plaque that gets accumulated on the teeth is the major cause of this disease. If proper treatment isn't given at the right time, the symptoms could become severe, leading to tooth loss. At Agah Dental in Palo Alto, we pay attention to this silent disease and provide treatment that arrests advancement of periodontitis as soon as possible and helps restore your gums to their best shape ever.
Full mouth reconstruction
Full mouth reconstruction is the process of restoring one's mouth to optimal oral health, both functionally and aesthetically. It includes various aspects such as orthodontic dentistry, cosmetic dentistry, restorative dentistry, etc. The central goal of full mouth reconstruction is to properly align the teeth along with the jaw, giving a pleasing shape to one's face. Patients who have multiple dental issues such as missing teeth, worn out or defective restorations, gum diseases, bad bite, etc. are suitable candidates for full mouth reconstruction as it would vastly help them overcome their dental problems.
A comprehensive consultation and screening are required to assess the need for full mouth reconstruction. Advanced computer diagnostics are used to determine various issues, such as damaged teeth, misaligned teeth, and jaws, etc.
Treatment procedures that are included in full mouth reconstruction are:
- Gum treatment: The gums are screened for any possible infections. Common symptoms include pain, bleeding, and swelling of the gums.Periodontitis is a major disease affecting the gums and causes bone damage due to bacterial infection.The gums will be treated and if necessary, gum grafting is done. Here, the tissue is extracted from a healthy part of the mouth and grafted to the area where the gums have receded. It helps cover the exposed root surface.
- Veneers: Veneers are used to cover the face of a tooth, and serve both for improving the aesthetics and functionality. Their applications include changing the shape and color of teeth, repairing cracked and chipped teeth, altering the spacing between teeth, etc.
- Dental implants: Implants are used to replace lost teeth. They are artificial teeth which function and look exactly like natural teeth. They prevent further loss of teeth and restore a person's smile.
- Crowns and bridges: Crowns are used to cover a tooth like a cap. They function similar to veneers, but the difference is that they cover the entire tooth and hold it intact. Bridges are used to replace lost teeth. They are accompanied by crowns on either side in order to give them stability.
- Repairing of restorations:Sometimes, restored dental parts such as veneers, crowns and fillings tend to wear over time. They can be restored and made to look better.